Vrksasana, also known as Tree Pose, is a standing balance pose which improves posture, balance and stability while strengthening the legs.
It is a great foundation pose that will allow you gain balance and work towards more difficult standing balance poses.
- Strengthens ankles, calves and thighs
- Stretches shoulders, inner thighs and groin region
- Improves oxygen circulation and blood flow
- Calms the mind
- Reduces stress
- Improves focus and concentration
- Flat feet
AVOID THIS POSE IF YOU HAVE:
- High blood pressure (you can do this pose, but don’t raise arms overhead)
If maintaining balance with your foot on your thigh is difficult at first, you can rest the foot lower down on the leg, but AVOID placing it on the knee joint. Your hands can rest on your hips, in front of your heart (palms joined) or overhead.
Keeping your gaze focused on one point directly in front of you will help you find and maintain balance in this pose.
FOR STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS OF THIS POSE GO TO: